Vice President of Talent and Culture - Auburn Hills, MI
- - Auburn Hills, MI
- Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Competitive + Bonus Potential
- Full Time
- Full Benefits Package
The mission of each Cornerstone employee is to improve the financial lives of our members by helping them earn more, save more, and make more– every member, every day, every time. As an employee you are either serving a member or serving someone who is member-facing. The VP of Talent and Culture provides leadership to align the credit union's strategic priorities with the necessary talent capabilities to deliver on key mission and business objectives of the credit union. This person will serve as a trusted advisor and coach to the CEO and Executive Leadership team. The VP of Talent and Culture is responsible for all facets of Human Resources and will often lead significant change initiatives that impact the credit union's growth, strategy implementation or culture transformation. Specifically, this role is responsible for the success of all areas within HR. This role reports to the CEO and is a member of the Executive Leadership team.
- Provide strategic, executive leadership to all aspects of Human Resources including: talent acquisition and on-boarding, workforce training and development, performance management, employee recognition, diversity and inclusion, compensation, benefits and all aspects of the employee life cycle.
- Manage the HR team and budget to provide efficient, timely, relevant services to the credit union.
- Lead senior talent acquisition activities.
- Develop and manage the culture of the organization ensuring that it is welcoming and motivates high performance.
- Design and maintain leadership and workforce development programs to ensure that: (a.) associates have the appropriate training to successfully perform assigned tasks and, (b.) to strengthen the capabilities of the credit union's leaders and managers.
- Serve as an internal consultant to management on hiring, on-boarding, performance management, employee growth and development, benefits, compensation, leadership and organizational development.
- Continually assess the competitiveness of all credit union HR practices to ensure positioning of the credit union as an employer of choice.
- Coach HR and Training staff in relation to CCF's mission, Human Resource and CCF's strategic goals and initiatives, and performance goals.
- Develop, administer and communicate Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Participate actively in management meetings and executive decisions.
- Monitor the entire Human Resource function for compliance with various Federal, State and Local laws.
- Regularly generate executive level HR related reports and dashboards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to act as a role model as demonstrated by professional business appearance, enthusiastic tone and demeanor, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive deep technical experience in Talent Acquisition, Employee Development, and Leading People.
- Bachelor's degree required (Masters Preferred) in Human Resource Management or Business Administration.
- Professional certification as a Human Resource professional (SHRM SPHR or PHR or equivalent) preferred.
- Experience driving culture across a company or multiple locations.
- Strong business acumen with proven experience providing both business value to the enterprise and advocacy for associates.
- Strong emotional IQ; effective listener with the ability to build trust and good faith with a broad range of stakeholders including the CEO and the Executive Leadership team.
- Ability to be bonded.