Learning and Development Specialist - Auburn Hills, MI
- - Auburn Hills, MI
- Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Competitive + Bonus Potential
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), PTO, Student Loan Repayment, Tuition Reimbursement, plus many more benefits!!!
At Cornerstone Community Financial, we are committed to being a leading community-focused credit union that is the cornerstone to helping members achieve their financial goals.
We offer highly competitive pay, annual bonus potential, and a full benefit package - Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), paid time off, and many more benefits!
General working hours Monday through Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM. Other hours as assigned.
In 2017 and 2018, CCF was named one of Crain's Detroit 100 Cool Places to Work and was also named one of the Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces of 2017 and 2018!
CCF is a progressive, full-service financial institution still owned and operated by its members. To help members reach their personal financial goals, Cornerstone offers financial products and services ranging from Visa® credit cards to competitive lending options.
Cornerstone is also keeping up with the latest in banking technology, offering secure services like online banking and mobile banking, as well as innovative deposit products like Choice Reward Checking Accounts.
While we are proud to deliver today's cutting-edge technology, we've kept our pledge to continue providing the exceptional personal service our members expect and deserve.
If you have a drive for customer service plus a passion for making great things happen, come be a part of a long-standing organization that is growing strong and leading the industry in financial services, lending and technology!
- Plan and execute the credit union's annual educational programs in conjunction to align with CCF's strategic plan to ensure appropriate ongoing development of all employees to meet changing organizational needs.
- Participate in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to obtain information useful for designing and facilitation effective training programs; and integrates information into programs.
- Maintain annual training calendar of events and communicate required attendance. Coordinates internal presenters and presentations.
- Manages online training systems to include vendor recommendations, site administration, staff training plan development and monitoring training progress.
- Develop and tracks training effectiveness and employee knowledge retention.
- Track the progress of trainees through online tests, observation, and class participation. Updates, maintains and track employee participation in training sessions and correlated pre and post work training requirements.
- Coordinate training for the Board of Directors' required annual compliance training.
- Provide feedback to managers regarding employee class performance, their display of the knowledge learned in the class, and any after-class support that is needed for them to become proficient in the skills.
- Deploys annual required compliance related training and maintains scores; addresses performance concerns with appropriate manager.
- Conducts proactive training need-assessments, gap analysis, and evaluations of current training effectiveness through surveys, solicited feedback, and observations.
Instructional Designer (35%)
- Develop, prepare, coordinate, organize, implement and evaluate training resources and materials.
- Develop and maintain in-house product knowledge materials and coordinate e-learning modules in conjunction with these materials.
- Construct educational curriculum with instructional end goals, including engaging learning activities and compelling course content.
- Understand and execute use of instructional design methods, including ADDIE or SAM, to develop training programs.
- Develop learning content utilizing a variety of training modalities and creativity to support the diverse needs of learners.
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience's training needs.
- Determine the criteria used to judge learner's performance and develop applicable assessment instruments
- Explore alternative deliverable types including micro-learning, video, and burst/boost to engage the modern learner and drive retention.
- Evaluates and recommends appropriate external instructional materials such as printed and electronic modules, visual aids, videos, etc., by monitoring the offerings available from outside sources.
- Support and structure new hire, continuing education, and career progression development initiatives.
- Facilitates new employee orientation sessions and provides on-the-job training, including both in-person and virtual training as it relates to the core processor system upgrades, teller transactions, lending related processes, and new accounts processes, Business Accounts, and IRA systems, etc.
- Ensure new hires have a good working knowledge of Outlook, phone system, Intranet, Time and Attendance system, Online training systems, compliance requirements, and general business programs/software at their designated workstation.
- Assist with and/or conducts training sessions both in-person and virtually on new products, policies and procedures and implementations of designated systems.
- Assist with coordination and facilitation of offsite training events including employee/team development days.
- Create and facilitate innovative learning solutions for referrals, sales solutions and member service expectations.
- Excellent organized communication and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to act as a role model as demonstrated by professional business appearance and enthusiastic tone and demeanor.
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, Training and Development, or equivalent.
- Intermediate working proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and related training software.
- Minimum 2 years' experience in financial services/banking/credit union preferred.
- Minimum 3 years' experience in employee development/training design and facilitation.
- Ability to be bonded.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Follow Us On Social Media