Accounting Associate - Full Time - Auburn Hills, MI
- - Auburn Hills, MI
- Auburn Hills, MI, USA
- Full Time
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), PTO, plus many more benefits!!!
At Cornerstone Community Financial, we are committed to being a leading community-focused credit union that is the cornerstone to helping members achieve their financial goals.
We offer competitive pay and an excellent benefit package.
In 2017 and 2018, CCF was named one of Crain's Detroit 100 Cool Places to Work and was also named one of the Detroit Free Press Top Workplaces of 2017 and 2018!
General working hours Monday through Friday 8:30AM-5:30PM.
CCF is a progressive, full-service financial institution still owned and operated by its members. To help members reach their personal financial goals, Cornerstone offers financial products and services ranging from Visa® credit cards to competitive lending options.
Cornerstone is also keeping up with the latest in banking technology, offering secure services like online banking, mobile banking, and eStatements, as well as innovative deposit products like Choice Reward Checking Accounts.
While we are proud to deliver today's cutting-edge technology, we've kept our pledge to continue providing the exceptional personal service our members expect and deserve.
If you have a drive for service and a passion for making great things happen and excellent reliability, come be a part of a long-standing organization that is growing strong and leading the industry in lending and technology!
Essential Functions of an Accounting Associate:
- Responsible for accounts payable and paying all corporate bills in an efficient and timely manner.
- Responsible for setting up and balancing pre-paid and fixed asset accounts as necessary.
- Responsible for processing transactions promptly, efficiently and accurately.
- Responsible for reconciling assigned general ledger accounts weekly and at month end.
- Balance settlement reports weekly.
- Process the Corporate Checks and Money Orders and balance as needed.
- Process garnishments and levies.
- Remit and balance Allied reports monthly.
- Process ATM returns, adjustments and disputes daily or as needed.
- Responsible for all FED/ACH transactions, including balancing, exceptions, postings, unauthorized entries and compliance, on a daily basis.
- Process member/corporate wires as needed.
- Process returned items daily or as needed.
- Process branch deposits and adjustments daily or as needed.
- File work reports daily.
- Complete miscellaneous reports, requests, and other duties as assigned.
- Ensure each member receives outstanding, courteous, friendly service, which exceeds their expectations, while working within Performance and Standards of Excellence guidelines and living the Cornerstone Service Promises.
- Ability to achieve and maintain the established acceptable score on all performance reviews.
- Ability to work within all CU polices and operating procedures to include, but not limited to CCF's Security, BSA, OFAC, Red Flag, and Accounting related policies, etc...
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skill with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to act as a role model as demonstrated by professional business appearance, enthusiastic tone and demeanor, and exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Associate Degree in accounting or equivalent related work experience.
- Intermediate working proficiency in Excel.
- Minimum 2 years related experience with working knowledge of federal regulations as they pertain to Credit Unions/Banking.
- Basic working knowledge of EFT laws and regulations.
Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.